Thursday, February 6, 2014

Today is Day One Folks!

Who is The Marley Owl?

Well, I didn't know what I would call this place of mine. Perhaps my maiden name Marley (like Bob and his Jamaican counterparts), the name my very awesome father gave me would be a great way to start off. Then an owl came to mind (I will explain later...) And I just have to admit that I am nothing short of a cosmetics addict. There is no more fulfilling task than slipping on a great lip color, lining my deep brown peepers, and staring back at the diva that is moi and thinking, well done! (Gratifying only to me, and expected by the people I apparently believe are thinking about me each time I leave my home, but so worth it.). So, throwing in a beauty product was apropos.

 With all of this being equal, there is no place quite like the Marley Owl's spot, because I am free to be the expressive soul I have become. Years of insecurities and acts that illicit question marks aside, the Marley Owl creature emerged as a writer. Three years and many Examiner posts later, I decided to take it in my direction, wild, free, pretty, gritty, honest, and organically inspired.  Plus fashion forward...and a little quirky.

 The power of the word can't be hidden anymore. And neither can I!




The Marley Owl loves her Superb Beauty Finds:

I am in love with a new line. The name is Nyakio (pronounced Ney-Kay-Oh) and skin care that is ethically sourced and takes a cue from time tested African ingredients for skin that evokes oohs and ahhs. Nyakio's Kenyan grandmother worked a sustainable farm raising sugar cane and coffee. These ingredients along with the sheer tenacity of the maker of the eponymous line are great reasons why this "good for you" line is on the market now. Nyakio bridges the gap in the market for skincare with Women of Color in mind as well as giving a great option to those looking for a more natural approach to anti- aging products.

A product to try that hints "Spring is here, no matter what the groundhog said!"-

 Nyakio Hydrating Face Oil with Kola Nut ($49)
A richly hydrating facial oil that contains 12 oils (yes, twelve) along with the Kenyan sourced kola nut oil with naturally derived caffeine, and marula oil. The oils promote even skin tone and lessened appearance of wrinkles. This one has excited me to no end since testing it, and I just had to let you in on this hidden gem. I truly don't think I am my age after using this (but of course, I never do think that...)


The Marley Owl loves her Autistic son

Tyler...

Is my reason for wanting to be an owl. He loves owls. He once had an owl named "MR. Owl." Mr. Owl traveled everywhere he did, school, grocery store, bus rides, back seat car passenger... I am sure that the Owl saw much more of the world than I would have anticipated. Tyler didn't see the owl as a stuffed replica, but a real creature that would befriend him always. When my son went to bed, The Owl had a very special place nearby, tucked in tight and safely. If he was unable to locate Mr. Owl, Tyler would cry until I unearthed him, under the sofa hidden by furry friends or just hanging out at the school alone and miserable (I suppose that owl was unhappy without Tyler...I would have been, too!)

A beautiful mysterious creature is the Owl. Nocturnal and territorial, and sees all from a perch up high. Maybe Tyler knows that the Owl is mystical enough to understand his Autism. And truly just not judge him because the security of being misunderstood is shared by both.


The Marley Owl Shops and Plans For Spring

Shopping belongs in a woman's cosmic universe. There isn't much like a great sale and something to spend precious dollars on. With life being as crazy as it is, having a girl's holiday is simply visiting an online shop or checking out local deals. I get excited by the small stuff. It definitely becomes a distraction from the major impact of de jour et ma vie. (Please don't believe I have traveled to France from this little digression...I plan to plan it before my life flashes before my eyes:) I studied 7 years of French language and only shared it with perhaps 8 French speaking people in my life.)

The Marley Owls Eats Healthy In Mississippi...

The State of Mississippi has been labeled as an obese one. I once was a heavier person. I truly identify with the struggles of those who have fought the scales. But after 10 years of being my current weight after losing over 75 pounds, I think  I found my magic equation for weight management. Now, I have been turning to a more organic lifestyle and widening my nutrition options. The art of organic and green living is no longer a fad, but a real consciousness with its own beat. Plus, it can be done on a limited budget. Plus, with Tyler's Autism, it may be time to visit the Gluten- Free concept.
I recently visited the newest Whole Foods Market store, the very first in Mississippi, and was truly delighted with what I saw. Plus, I encountered awesome people along my journey through the aisles. Here at The Marley Owl, I hope to take a closer look at eating and living healthy through a more focused diet.

Stay connected with me on my page.

(I am veryatypical1 on the Twittersphere.)











No comments:

Post a Comment